G oog le BadWeB | Login/out | Topics | Search | Custodians | Register | Edit Profile

Buell Forum » Quick Board » Things That Bug The Living **** Outta Me « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through September 14, 2018Ratbuell30 09-14-18  02:42 pm
Archive through September 05, 2018Hootowl30 09-05-18  11:32 pm
Archive through August 15, 2018Ducbsa30 08-15-18  06:08 am
Archive through June 13, 2018Hootowl30 06-13-18  12:30 pm
Archive through May 31, 2018Aesquire30 05-31-18  12:13 am
Archive through May 14, 2018Airbozo30 05-14-18  06:20 pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Whisperstealth
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2018 - 02:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Weak coffee is worse than no coffee at all.

Ratbuell
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2018 - 04:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

If you can't stand your fork in it, it's too weak.

Mtjm2
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2018 - 06:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

I have a long list and coffee is in there
somewhere.
Right know Its my ex wife's not abiding by
the custody order and the courts lack
of help.

Learning the the hard and expensive way
the 2 justice systems.
1For moms and 1 for dads

Ourdee
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2018 - 06:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

You need a female lawyer.

Ducbsa
Posted on Friday, September 14, 2018 - 07:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

We have one set of friends whose daughter was getting the short end of the stick in her divorce and another whose son is getting it. Both kids could have made better choices, though.

Ducbsa
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2018 - 06:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

"Awesome" and "Amazing"

A few years ago, when I ordered a bacon cheeseburger, the waitress said, "Awesome." That made it have as much significance as saying OK.

Amazing had come to mean anything better than mundane, even ordinary things are called Amazing. Just meaningless.

To summarize, "Get off my lawn!"

86129squids
Posted on Monday, September 17, 2018 - 11:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Exactly! It's all good. No worries.

Ratbuell
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 10:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

People who drive in the rain with a) no headlights on so nobody can see them (usually in a shade-of-gray, or a dark colored, car), or b) their highbeams blazing away so you can't see anything besides spots for a mile and a half.

And a subset of group a), the idiots with DRLs who think they're covered...and then wonder why they got rear-ended. Um...because DRL's DON'T INCLUDE TAILLIGHTS, .

When will automakers take a cue from the motorcycle industry and either make DRLs equal full-output low beam lights (instead of reduced-power high beams, or sexy LED shapes), and include ALL your lights - markers, tails, everything. Like motorcycles. Turn the key on, all the lights come on.

Or get rid of them altogether like the old days and make people actually THINK when they drive.

I'd also love to see mobile network blocking antennae inside the dashboard of every single automobile produced. Or at least, those without a handsfree-capable stereo.

Blake
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 10:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Point out the gross corruption of the Obama-Hil-liar-y cabal and in return get vague equivocation that both sides have corruption.

It's an alternate reality for so many. And it is truly amazing to see. Growing up I used to wonder how it was possible for a people to be duped by political parties like the Nazis and such. It's trivially easy it seems. Too many people are too trusting of news media.

Ratbuell
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 10:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

It's an outgrowth of the "I saw it on the internet so it must be true" mentality.

And of our crappy "educational system".

Airbozo
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 10:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Driving lights from the California DMV handbook:
Q: When is it legal to drive with your parking lights on?
A: NEVER! They are _parking_ lights.

But I see someone everyday driving with them.

Rain and lights: California passed a law years ago that says if it is raining enough to have your wipers on, you must turn your lights on.

Come on folks, this is a no brainer. If someone can't see you, they will make your life much more dangerous and possibly very short.

At least the regular coffee making guy is back from vacation! Strong and hot! I get to work early (7am) and he is already here finishing the first pot.

Aesquire
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 10:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln, President of Zimbabwe.

Natexlh1000
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 10:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Pic related to above:

s

Ratbuell
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 11:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Oh, it's a law here in MD too - "lights on with wipers".

Thing is, people don't THINK. It's not even a process for most folks to think "can other people see me?" - the extent of thinking, if there IS any to begin with, is "do I need my lights so *I* can see?". If people can see the road OK, they don't turn on the lights.

I've actually had redfaced arguments from people swearing they're saving electricity by not turning on headlights in the rain/daytime. No amount of calm engineering explanation could convince them othewise.

And in the meme above...is that Castle in the pic? Triple-threat misinformation?

Aesquire
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 12:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Captain Reynolds from Firefly. Same actor.

Multi level offensive.

"Nuke the unborn baby whales!"

Ourdee
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 12:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Use the special underwater nukes on them!

I thought lights with wipers was law everywhere. I make sure the lights are on when I'm on the bike and it's raining.

Dwardo
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 12:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

The other side of that is people who turn their flashers on when it's raining heavily. What are they trying to say? That it's raining? I can see putting them on when they are on the side of the road, but to have them on while moving along just draws the eye and prevents others from noticing other things. Annoying.

Ratbuell
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 12:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Agreed. If it's so bad that you feel the need to crawl along with your hazards on...GET OFF THE ROAD. If everyone else is doing fine at the speed limit, either keep pace, or pull off.

Or spring $20 for a new set of wiper blades, so you can see AND keep pace!

Natexlh1000
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - 01:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

There are several triple offenders like that one.
The Malcom/Han/Spock one is my favorite.

(Message edited by natexlh1000 on September 18, 2018)
« Previous Next »

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous" (Valid reason required. Abusers will be exposed. If unsure, ask.)
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Rules | Program Credits Administration