|Posted on Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 09:02 pm: ||
Summary - Awesomeness
I should have done this years ago.
1. much better idle and fueling across the board than the stock ecm, or the EBR ecm for the stock pipe and K&N filter
2. definite power boost, pulls up the front end much easier
3. much louder!
4. can smoothly pull off slow corners in one gear higher than before, the fueling is that much better
1. feels like more power across the board. Bike just feels randy now, loves to go
2. I always ride with ear plugs, and without this sucker was very very loud. With ear plugs, it's fine (for me anyway)
3. Removes so much size and mass off the bottom, allows access for oil change (including screen) without removing anything now)
1. Came in a sturdy box, very well packaged.
2. I didn't see any instructions, but didn't need any. Pretty simple and straight forward
3. Initial install had it pointing on the tire some. I contacted Dean and promptly received some advice, got it rotated to where it clears now.
4. Planned on painting it black, but the high quality of the unit inspired me to mount it as is
5. Welds were very good, all the hardware was quality. Best clamps I've ever seen for exhaust
6. I screwed up and did the ecm and a new speedo, ended up with 612,000 miles on the bike. ROFL
more pics at http://s10.photobucket.com/user/fight4yourrights/l ibrary/Keda%20RT-3
|Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 12:30 am: ||
I seem to recall previous iterations of the RT3 having the muffler tucked up closer to the underside of the engine/swingarm. No longer, or does my memory fail me?
|Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 06:06 am: ||
It does, mounting issue. It's been sorted.
|Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 08:39 pm: ||
Yep, Dean quickly got back to me, I remounted it correctly and have ample clearance now
|Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 10:34 pm: ||
Boy, I can't say how much I'm loving this pipe
Sound is great, I get compliments (and some "god it's louds"), but I'm loving how much it's perked up the motor, and I love how much better the fueling is!
The fueling is way way way better than stock, and way way better than the EBR ECM for the stock pipe and K&N was
|Posted on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 12:24 am: ||
Your posts are motivating me to get an aftermarket pipe and go to aftermarket (or open loop) ECU operation!
What ECU do you have?...or is your ECU a stock one tuned / reprogrammed?
|Posted on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 09:18 pm: ||
EBR ecm programmed for that exhaust, it's a very potent combination.
|Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 12:22 pm: ||
Gotta ask, how'd ya get 612,000 miles on the new speedo?
|Posted on Sunday, September 25, 2016 - 09:39 pm: ||
Ah so this topic has made me want to go all in on an exhaust / ECM. Great post!
Also, maybe more importantly, I want your wheel decals. Point me where I can get those, seems like my wallet will appreciate starting with that
|Posted on Monday, September 26, 2016 - 06:40 pm: ||
Squish - as Dean said, I got the EBR ecm with the specific tune, I just ordered it with the exhaust from Dean
Panshovevo - I did the new ECM and a new speedo together, and apparently it thought I was stealing the bike! It went through a 30 sec sync, and restarted. It got part way through sync #2 and I replaced the ecm with the stock ecm and let it finish syncing.
Apparently it was still in "theft" mode and it changed the mileage to 621,xxx miles! lol
Pretty funny, imo. I should contact Guiness. I calc'ed I would have spend $51,000 on tires already if I had that mileage!
Cinna - http://motoinkz.com/ for the wheel graphics. Note - due to the pebble finish on the wheels, do a very good cleaning, they are tough to stick to