G oog le BadWeB | Login/out | Topics | Search | Custodians | Register | Edit Profile

Buell Forum » THUMPer Forum  

Buell Blast Forum - Buell Blast Motorcycles - Buell Blast Discussion

Welcome to the Buell Blast Forum aka the "THUMPer Forum".

For Buell Blast P3 American Thumper-Cycle related questions, technical discussions, and information. Come on in and get some THUMP! : ]

Owner's Manual
application/pdf
Blast Owner's Manual .pdf (590.9 k)

EZ

Got THUMP?

THUMPer Forum: The Buell Blast Forum on BadWeB (for Buell enthusiasts)

to store and compare Blast fuel economy.

Please feel free to add your data to the database. It's very easy and lets you track your mileage and compare to all other Blasts in the database. Please use your forum name when you enter your data.

This is a link to the Blast MPG Data Page

This is a link to the data entry form

Bookmark the form for ease of use.

Enjoy!

Please Note!!!!!!
We are in no way responsible for any damage that may occur in the advice given to help you fix or 'improve' your bike. We are here to try and help, but that does not make us libel for any actions resulting in that advice, you could easily go elsewhere and ask for other opinions, and act accordingly.
Thank you for understanding.

Just cuz - Manuals -
http://buellmods.com
EZ

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Questions from New Buell Blast Riders - ThumperFAQWrightd2231231 61 05-25-16  09:36 am
BLASTARDS ARE WE
Who we are and what makes us tick!
Please feel free to add to the list!
Gearheaderiko489 18 11-14-15  10:37 pm
Got Thump? (Buell Blast Photos)
For sharing photos of Buell Blast Motorcycles (Thumpers in the House)
Jetlee3263 111 05-27-16  02:53 am
Buell Blast Thumper Knowledge Vault
From Carbs to Customizing to High Performance & Racing - All the tech & tricks for Buell Blast Motorcycles, find advice & answers here - or post your questions!
Gearheaderiko25445 1457 05-27-16  12:51 pm
Blasting Away - The Thumper Quick board
For unique exploration of ideas involving our Thumper!
Gearheaderiko7078 689 05-26-16  11:49 pm
Buell Blast Racing!(and track days)Ezblast999 39 06-13-15  05:47 am
Thumper Tales (Tales From the Darkside!)
Ride Reports, Tales of Adventure, "Blasting on the Dark Side", & other stories of Buell Blast Thumpercycling.
Ezblast1798 65 02-01-16  03:24 am
Buell Blast Recalls, Tech Bulletins, Notices, & Concerns
The Buell BLAST! is a great motorcycle, however no bike is perfect - here is a place to post official recalls, tech bulletins, notices, and concerns related to the Buell Blast.
Paul2281222 09-02-13  09:18 pm
Blasting Around (Buell Blast Riding Groups)
Local and regional forums for meeting, greeting, and riding with fellow Buell Blasters (Thumpaholics)
Court590 99 03-11-16  10:31 pm
Pay It Forward: Blasting Goodness! (Trades Welcome!)
Pay It Forward - Buell Blast Parts & Gear: For assistance or to help your fellow Buell Blast riders when in need.

Thrive2drive330 14 10-12-15  05:39 pm
Buell Blast Motorcycle Classifieds...
Buell Blast Motorcycles, Parts, Gear, Accessories - For Sale or Wanted
Blueblast2592 538 05-15-16  02:41 pm
Blastphemy!
For non Buell discussions, questions or pictures that do not pertain to Buell.
Patches420 14 12-28-15  08:35 am
ArchivesEzblast16100 552 03-15-14  05:08 pm
Archive through May 02, 2016Gearheaderiko30 05-02-16  11:29 am
Archive through April 09, 2016Gearheaderiko30 04-09-16  09:27 am
Archive through March 08, 2016Copper130 03-08-16  03:56 pm
Archive through December 18, 2015Gearheaderiko30 12-18-15  01:51 pm
Archive through September 22, 2015Chipmyers30 09-22-15  09:02 am
Archive through September 09, 2015Gearheaderiko30 09-09-15  01:01 pm
Archive through July 14, 2015Th3wizard30 07-14-15  12:29 pm
Archive through June 24, 2015Gearheaderiko30 06-24-15  07:47 am
Archive through June 06, 2015Gearheaderiko30 06-06-15  09:31 pm
Archive through May 20, 2015Gashaw4030 05-20-15  06:11 pm
Archive through April 28, 2015Marksblast30 04-28-15  09:46 pm
Archive through April 10, 2015Ezblast30 04-10-15  06:46 pm
Archive through April 01, 2015Chief_ten_bears30 04-01-15  12:17 pm
Archive through February 21, 2015Ezblast30 02-21-15  02:37 pm
Archive through December 23, 2014Ezblast30 12-23-14  12:47 am
Archive through October 08, 2014Ezblast30 10-08-14  11:10 pm
Archive through September 14, 2014Marksblast30 09-14-14  09:30 pm
Archive through August 10, 2014Ezblast30 08-10-14  02:30 am
Archive through July 05, 2014Gearheaderiko30 07-05-14  09:12 am
Archive through June 04, 2014Ezblast30 06-04-14  04:04 am
Archive through April 22, 2014Ezblast30 04-22-14  01:21 am
Archive through April 10, 2014Uneasy_rider30 04-10-14  11:16 pm

Please visit the "Got Thump?" section for pics of various Buell Blasts; check out our "Knowledge Vault" for Buell Blast technical questions, look in "Blasting Around" to find who is in your area for rides and "hi!"'s; visit "Blasting Away" to see unique ideas involving the Blast, and visit the "Dark Side" for tales of Blasting adventure! Post at the bottom of the page here for anything else or just to say hi! Welcome and enjoy! : )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Th3wizard
Posted on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 01:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

This is the 3rd battery I've gotten from the HD dealership, they said they can't give me any more free replacements. I will try unbolting for a week

Wheelman
Posted on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 08:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

I would check to see if there is a draw on the battery when the switch is off. A multimeter could indicate a potential or a plain old bulb might indicate an open circuit.

Wheelman
Posted on Monday, May 02, 2016 - 08:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Been reading the manual -- great manual considering only 23,000 bikes were produced.

Hey, would it be wrong for me to say that the Blast shift from 1st to neutral to second and back is rough?

Since I do not like the sound of gear dogs grinding, here's what I have been doing:

From a stop in neutral: punch the shift lever down into 1st quickly -- not too hard -- but with authority. A audible "clunk" is heard, which may be better than a "grind."

To avoid the loud "clunk," shift into 1st just before the machine comes to a stop, then hold the clutch in while waiting for the light to change. Holding it in does no harm that I know of.

Shifting from 1st to second: Do it at a low engine rpm and again with authority to avoid the grind.

For a rolling stop or even from a complete stop: You don't need to go down to 1st. As long as you don't expect a quick start with a short clutch slide, second works fine if you let the clutch slide until the machine gains enough speed to let it out completely. As far as I know, sliding a oil clutch doesn't do harm to the plates, if not excessive.

Any thoughts on sliding the clutch from a start in second?

Gearheaderiko
Posted on Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 07:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

1st to 2nd is crunchy. You're mostly right, but my 1st to 2nd shift is between 30-40mph!!. But with practice and a proper clutch adjustment, the problems go away. A shifter pawl adjustment makes a huge difference.
Authority is a good word as opposed to "jamming" it.
Again, most of what you wrote is true or helpful.

Jetlee
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2016 - 12:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

I prefer the phrase "stomp it into gear".

: D

Rocketrick
Posted on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 11:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Hey every body good morning from Rocket rick, IT's Sunday morning and snowing so hard here in northern Michigan that I can't see across the street. Any way I was wondering which tube frame people were using for there Blast engines? Is there a particular Buell tube frame that it almost bolts in or is there a lot of fabricating to be done? Thanks Rick

Gearheaderiko
Posted on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 12:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Sorry, I never paid much attention to what the Tuber Blasts needed to mount the engine. XB's are much easier to bolt up, better motorcycle and safer. (Blow a Blast engine in the tuber frame and you lose the rear suspension-seen it!!)
I have posted Tuber Blast pictures, but I don't think they're good enough for your use.

Gearheaderiko
Posted on Sunday, May 15, 2016 - 04:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

.....and realistically, it's not like there are a whole bunch of Tuber Blasts around either.

Ezblast
Posted on Monday, May 16, 2016 - 01:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

XB frame is pretty straight forward.
EZ

Terrisdigital
Posted on Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 09:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

hey all, wanted to know if anyone has ever lifted a blast, longer fork tubes maybe even longer rear shock? I Have a 03 p3 that I want to do this to

Swthompson79
Posted on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 11:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

I just bought a 2010 Blast. The exhaust is completely corroded. Are there any exhaust systems out there that will fit? For whatever reason 2010 isn't listed on many vendor sites. Thanks!

Ronbob43
Posted on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 03:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

I thought the 2010s were all coffee tables.

Ronbob43
Posted on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 03:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

I thought the 2010s were all coffee tables.

Swthompson79
Posted on Friday, May 20, 2016 - 11:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

I thought so too. 2010 is what's on the title.

Gearheaderiko
Posted on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 03:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

2010 is the last year. All Blasts are virtually identical. If it fits one, it fits all, with very rare exceptions (usually parts you're not going to need).

Gearheaderiko
Posted on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 03:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Raising the rear of a Blast is problematic. The belt will become too loose. You can stiffen it up to the max height without a problem. You can raise it up so it rides normally in the stock range and ad an idler pulley or belt tensioner for full shock extension. But since it's a ribbed belt, it's unwise to have contact with the belt consistently. Franks forking can probably get you longer tubes for the front.

Kwkride
Posted on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 08:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Mine is also a 2010. Harley killed off Buell in 2009, but the still needed training bikes for Riders Edge. They kept producing the Blast for 2010, but it was not marketed as a Buell anymore.

Gearheaderiko
Posted on Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 05:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

I think every Buell I have is titled as a Harley : (

Jetlee
Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2016 - 11:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Someone registered not long ago on the other forum with a lifted Blast. He swapped out the tall suspension bits for stock parts.

Gearheaderiko
Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 11:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous" (Valid reason required. Abusers will be exposed. If unsure, ask.)
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Rules | Program Credits Administration