|Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 10:03 am: ||
I'm getting an 04' XB12r in a week or two and was trying to determine what farkles I needed to do. So far it already has:
"s" lower pegs
ZG touring screen
I was thinking about:
upgraded PIAA blubs (what size is used H3?)
Clear alternatives integrated LED tail light/ turn signals.
Modifed seat (althought I have not heard too many complaints about stock)
LED turn signals (Any suggestions?)
American Sport Bike turn signal relay
For now I'm going to keep the exhaust and ECM stock, unless there are some bad EPA dips in the power curve.
|Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 02:49 pm: ||
What fun - planning changes to a new motor!
I have over 50 mods to mine, and you look like you have a very good start.
1. PIAA Bulbs are good, not sure on type, I have an S. Anyone?
2. Don't know about the integrated signal/tail light, but I have always felt that separate signals are more legible to car drivers.
3. I use Shock Racing Mini Ones. They are small, inexpensive and metal as opposed to plastic, so they stay put.
4. Both of the Buell seats, the Streetfighter and the Select are more comfortable than the stock unit, I have heard that the Select is the best.
5. I doubt that the Tailblazer does any harm, but car drivers are not trained to recognize it as a braking indicator, even though it is an attention getter, which can't hurt.
6. The American Sportbike signal relay does the job very well, and is easy and neat to install. The cheapskates among us, (that would include me:-), just use a 10 ohm, ten watt wire wound resistor in parallel across both the right and left circuits to do the same job.
7. Not sure that I would call the stock power curve bad,
but many members of this board, including your present correspondent, swear by the Drummer muffler, ( a sponsor), Buell Race ECM, and K+N filter combo.
It noticeably increases low end torque, and it sounds so nice, guys have actually asked to ride behind me so they could listen to it.
A must have in my book.
Welcome aboard, you'll love the ride.
|Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 03:09 pm: ||
My shopping list is simple for now, 2008 XB12S
|Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 05:08 pm: ||
Yes, your bike does use h3 bulbs.
|Posted on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 08:07 pm: ||
I have the integrated light from American Sport Bike and Kisan Tailblazar. When deciding on the light I think I found a better review of the American Sport Bike model on BadWeB. My opinion is that the turn signals have reasonable visibility. The Tailblazer is kind of intuitive for for drivers because of the decay timing. The question I have not decided yet is if the Tailblazer when flashing overpowers the turn signal, my guess is that it does. Still the combination is more noticeable that stock. Someone paying attention to your flashing brake light will see your turn signal when close enough to matter or it stops flashing. I'm comfortable with the setup and no one riding with me day or night has complained. I'll have to ask.