|Full Name:||Jonathan Morse|
|Last Logged In:||December 29, 2018|
|Registered:||March 21, 2004|
|Home Page URL:||http://www.photomorse.com|
|Birthday (Year) & Occupation:||1940 / Licensed Architect, (retired), Professional Photographer|
|Personal Quote:||I'm too damn old to be old fashioned!|
|Bike Model (Ex - M2, XB12Rr, S1W, P3):||XB 12 SR Lightningbolt(SOLD) / HD Dyna Superglide Sport FXDX (SOLD)|
|Model Year (Please enter full 4-digit year):||Buell XB12SR 2004 / 2005 Ducati 999s|
|Color:||Buell - Black / Ducati - Red|
|V.I.N. (To aid in problem resolution. Will not be displayed or shared otherwise.) :||(Hidden)|
|Servicing Dealership:||Liberty HD, Raway, NJ -- I do all rountine maintenance and modifications myself|
|Performance Mods!:||1. K+N air filter
2. Snorkel removed
3. Open air box
4. Buell Race ECM
5. Original Drummer muffler
6. Front Suspension - Ohlins FG 43 1676-17 front forks
7. Rear Suspension - Ohlins 46HRCLS shock, remote preload, 1092-34 spring
8. Hal's competition chain conversion swing arm
9. Secondary Grearing - Sprocket Specialties 46 tooth rear sprocket / 20 tooth steel front sprocket.
10. XB 9 primary gears - 57/34 tooth sprockets
11. D.I.D. 520 ERV3 racing chain.
12. Ohlins side mount steering damper with custom mounts
13. Michelin Pilot Road 2 tires
14. Denso Iridium Sparkplugs - IXU24
15. Drummer Catch Can
16. CRG Brake lever # An- 531 (modified to suit Shindy 14mm remote reservoir front brake master cylinder
17. CRG Clutch Lever # An-621
18. Custom Billet shift pedal
19. Custom Billet rear brake pedal
|Problems/Miles (Please be specific):|
|Other Mods/Misc/Customization.:||1. Firebolt tail section/ quick release front seat
2. Buell Deluxe Seat
3. Remove all decals
4. Prototype Drummer front sprocket guard/ cover for electrics made from stock Buell cover
5. Painted primary chain inspection covers to match engine cases with Buell Magnesium Tone spray paint.
6. Replaced inspection cover screws with longer Stainless Allen heads
7. Polished headers with 3M Scotch-Brite Fine Finishing Sander # 9416NA, 320, 600 and 1500 wet or dry sandpaper, and Luster Lace Metal Polishing Strips, (wide)
8. Trojan low profile air intakes painted to match frame.
9. Tommasselli adjustable Clubman's handle bars.
10. Modified Joker Machine billet custom risers.
11. Buell Traction grips/ opened ends
12. Shindy 14mm front brake master cylinder with remote reservoir, CRG levers
13. Shock Racing Mini 9 LED directionals with 10 watt 10 ohm resistors to correct blink rate connected in parallel.
14. Buell frame pucks
15. Dipstick visibility mod: covered dipstick with yellow shrink tube
16. Crystal orange fork and swing arm sliders by Ricta/ custom s/s front mounting axle
17. HVMP Heavyweight Stainless steel handlebar ends
18. Third Eye bar end mirror on custom stainless steel mounting bracket
19. Buell X-1 domed Timing cover, Pegasus engraved, painted Magnesium Tone to match engine cases. S/S Allen head 10/32 mounting screws, to match primary side covers
20. Buell Chrome, (brushed), front heel protectors
21. LSL Billet round foot pegs on 1" dropped mounts
22. Carbon fibre extended rear hugger
23. Buell Carbon fibre front fender
24. Powdercoat swing arm graphite black to match frame
25. Powdercoat wheels: graphite centers, polished rims, clear coated.
26. Buell Aluminum, (brushed), upper chain guard
27. Frameless Plexiglass license plate mount
28. Personalized license plate: "XB12SR"
29. 90 degree Ariete valve stems/ custom machined rims to suit
30. PDG Moto "Black Kleen" Dash Face
31. Precision Engineering Billet brake line clamps, front and rear.
|Favorite Rides (Roads and Routes):|
|Why I do/don't ride a Buell:||1. It's one of the most beautiful motorcycles ever.
2. It is inherently a simple machine. I like that in machinery.
3. It has a great many design innovations that work as intended.
4. I like the vee-twin power and sound.
5. Very useful power delivery.
6. Is quite reliable.
7. Can be very economical to buy if you do it right.
8. Attracts admiring attention where ever one goes.
9. Easy to maintain by the owner - operator.
10. Extremely enjoyable to ride in spirited manner, or just puttering around town.
11. Lends itself to modifications to suit the owners individual tastes.
12. Is supported by a really cool web site called " Bad Weather Bikers".
|How can Buell improve their motorcycles?:||1. Slightly more modern air cooled motor
2. Self cancelling turn signals like " grown up " Harleys
3. Email tech service support
4. Tech support on the phone
5. Get the brand out of Harley dealerships and into anywhere else.
6. Supply with proper sport tires: Dunlop Qualifier, Michelin Pilot Power, Pirelli Diablo, Sportec M-3.
7. Keep both head lights on at all times, except when starting
8. Redesign all graphics, especially instruments,( I removed all the others:-)
9. make dipstick legible
10. Frame pucks as standard on all models
11. better head lights
12. rear pulley color to match wheels, or at least aluminum color. Anything but black.
|Life History/Philosophy:||If a thing is worth doing, it is worth getting completely obsessed with it:-)|
|Top speed on 2 wheels (mph):||125 mph on Norton Manx. US GP Daytona 1963|
|Preferred engine oil (brand/grade):||Engine:Mobil One 15w50 / Transmission: HD Formula +|
|Click Here to send a private message to Gentleman_jon|
|Topics | Last Day | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Rules | Program Credits||Administration|