|Full Name:||Bruce Westbrook|
|Last Logged In:||March 29, 2014|
|Registered:||July 19, 2008|
|Home Page URL:||http://www.cobrabuell.com|
|Birthday (Year) & Occupation:||1969 - IT Security|
|Personal Quote:||"Anybody who is going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac." :-)|
|Bike Model (Ex - M2, XB12Rr, S1W, P3):||XB12Ss Lightning (Long)|
|Model Year (Please enter full 4-digit year):||2008|
|Color:||Cherry Bomb Red|
|V.I.N. (To aid in problem resolution. Will not be displayed or shared otherwise.) :||(Hidden)|
|Servicing Dealership:||My garage -- but if I must take it somewhere, then AD Farrow @ Northstar|
|Performance Mods!:||I haven't done too much in the way of performance mods, but here's what there is:
- Erik Buell Racing ECM (April 2011) - Loving it!!
- Breather Bypass/Reroute (April 2010) - $25 in parts to reroute to rear along with the fuel vent hose.
- K&N air filter (July 2008) - No pipe to go with it, but I run all my vehicles with K&N air filters if for nothing else then the lifetime ease of maintenance.
|Problems/Miles (Please be specific):||- July 2012 - 22,321 miles - Replaced front stock rotor with redesigned EBR 5mm rotor. This resolved a pulsating braking problem I'd begun to experience over the past month.
- August 2010 - 11,482 miles - Replaced spark plugs, spark plug wires, O2 sensor, idle intake sensor (IAT), engine temp sensor (ETS) and throttle position sensor (TPS). Turned out that the last part replaced (TPS) was the key to fixing a major stumbling & erratic idle problem.
- June 5, 2010 - 8,780 miles - Exhaust valve actuator replaced (engine code) and ECM re-flashed with 2010 flash.
|Other Mods/Misc/Customization.:||- Gripster Tank Grips (June 2012) - These helped reduce the heat from the metal frame A LOT! Also helped reduce some vibrations.
- iPhone RAM Mount (July 2011) - Added a RAM mount connected to the brake reservoir to hold a cradle for the iPhone, used as a GPS.
- Drop Pegs (May 2011) - Had some 2" drop pegs for the passenger made by Knight Designs. The wife is much happier and the periodic whining from the rear has decreased dramatically.
- Sliders (May 2011) - Finally put axle sliders on both front and rear, from Knight Designs.
- Right Side Scoop (June 2010) - Added the right-side scoop (RSS) which coupled with the updated flash made a big difference in heat radiating on my right thigh.
- LED Brake Light (June 2010) - Wired in Buell's 2010 LED brake light with clear cover & added flashing brake LEDs.
- Tires (March 2010) - Stock Pirelli's finally reached end-of-life at 7,307 miles. Replaced with Michelin Pilot Power 2CT.
- Air Horn (August 2009) - Replaced the stock horn and constantly breaking bracket with a much louder Stiebel air horn.
- Power Connector (June 2009) - Wired up a Powerlet SAE (from battery tender plug) to cigarette connector adapter to power electronics on overnight rides.
- Lights (June 2009) - Changed stock bulbs to Sylvania H7 SilverStar bulbs. Much, much brighter then stock bulbs, and without the price of HID.
- Mirrors (May 2009) - Changed mirrors to the Aprilla mirrors that everyone talks about. Much improved in looks and function, although it took me a while to get used to using them over the big stock round mickey mouse ears.
- Headlight Mod (May 2009) - Modified the headlight harness wires to provide BOTH lights on at high beam. Riding with high beams on now provides me better daylight safety, and at night can actually see the road. Plus, people aren't bugging me about having a light out anymore! :-)
- Bar Ends (March 2009) - Added the HVMP bar ends, which made a tremendous positive difference in mirror visibility (stock mirrors) and minimizing hand/arm vibrations under 3,000 RPM.
- Grips (August 2008) - Cut off the factory grips and installed the Buell Traction grips
- Windshield (July 2008) - Replaced windscreen with Zero Gravity Sport Touring windscreen. 4" of additional windscreen makes a surprising difference at highway speeds.
- Stickers (July 2008) - Removed aesthetically ugly warning stickers
|Favorite Rides (Roads and Routes):||Anything curvy!!
Olentangy River Road and Riverside Drive (315, 257, 33) - Nice ride around town with roads along a couple rivers provide some local fun.
OH-555 "The Triple Nickel" - One of the best long, curvy roads in Ohio!
OH-555 & Wayne National Forest - a nice overnight camping route from Columbus.
Hocking Hills area (664, 374, etc) - Excellent for careful corner carving!
Ride to Roscoe Village and back (541,79 & SR-60) - As usual, more great curves once you get away from central Ohio. Eat outside at the Warehouse Steak & Stein, great food and service!
And, of course, the "big three":
US 129 - Tail of the Dragon
US 28 - Deals Gap to BRP
Blue Ridge Parkway
|Why I do/don't ride a Buell:||I'd wanted a Buell since about 2002 when I started thinking about getting a bike (I still have the bike catalog around here somewhere). Took me 6 years to pull the trigger, but I finally did!
Why Buell? It's an American built bike with a strong background that reminds me of good old American muscle cars -- powerful torque, a deep rumbling sound and a unique build and look. After I started riding I came to understand much more -- such as it's ability to easily carve out the corners & rip out of them with power, and the kinship of Buell owners everywhere.
More and more it seems like all the other sport bikes are simply cookie cutters of each other, while a Buell really stands out in a crowd. So in other words, "Don't be a sheeple or a mule, go out and ride a Buell. Because it totally sucks ass to be just like everyone else." :-)
|How can Buell improve their motorcycles?:||I'm just hoping that Erik will be back to building street bikes sometime soon -- that I can actually afford :-)
In the meantime, GO Erik Buell Racing!!!
|Life History/Philosophy:||Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.
|Top speed on 2 wheels (mph):||Never more then 5 MPH over the speed limit, of course|
|Preferred engine oil (brand/grade):||Mobil 1 V-Twin 20w50 Synthetic + K&N KN-177 filter|
|Personal Home Page:||http://www.thewestbrooks.com/bruce|
|Click Here to send a private message to Thump4fun|
|Topics | Last Day | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Rules | Program Credits||Administration|