|Full Name:||Carlos Suarez|
|Last Logged In:||August 30, 2017|
|Registered:||December 25, 2004|
|Home Page URL:|
|Birthday (Year) & Occupation:||1965 Assembly|
|Bike Model (Ex - M2, XB12Rr, S1W, P3):||Ulysses, M2 Cyclone, Z50R|
|Model Year (Please enter full 4-digit year):||2006, 1999, 1999|
|Color:||Orange, Red, White|
|V.I.N. (To aid in problem resolution. Will not be displayed or shared otherwise.) :||(Hidden)|
|Servicing Dealership:||Shelton's HD/Buell Goldsboro NC|
|Performance Mods!:||M2 - Force Winder, Jets, & Vance & Hines Muffler.|
|Problems/Miles (Please be specific):|| - 10-01-05 - Purchased '06 Uly
- Drop day one in yard - Broke clutch lever
- Ping fixed during 1000 mile service
- 11-18-05 - Low-sided bike on ice. Damaged the left bag, left peg mount, lower left fork mount, Hand guard, Clutch lever (number two), fork guard, license plate light and mirror.
- 2/19/06 - Broken right bag latch
- Recalls on Kick Stand and BAS done.
- 15,000 miles - Blown headlight replaced both with SilverStars
- 18,000 miles - Wire form retainer for clutch cable broke
- 19,100 miles - warped front rotor replaced under warranty
- 3/31/07 - 19,600 miles - Low-sided on the Dragon and the bike went off the road and down 50 feet. Flyscreen, Windshield, Air Box cover, seat, Tail light, Rear Fender, Right Peg mount, all three bags, Trunk and Right bag bracket, module left and upper, brake lever, clutch lever, handle bar, both mirrors, hand grips, lower left fork mount and guard, left hand guard
- 24,000 miles - Fan starts death rattle
- 28,200 miles - the fan fuse starts blowing fuses. After replacing the fan, inspection of the original shows it had heated enough to melt the rubber weather sealant around the motor.
- 29,300 - During a front tire change one of the bearing felt a bit rough when turned. I changed out both front wheel bearings.
- 30,100 miles - Low beam headlight replaced.
- 31,900 miles - Front muffler bracket broke. Muffler is dented from 3/31/07 get-off where the front muffler strap goes. The strap has been dealing with a sharper than planned radius since.
-32,700 miles - Replaced dented muffler found muffler valve cable fraid and causing valve to stick partially open. Valve still opens when it is suppose to. Sounds good but I have lost low end torque.
- 35,500 mile - Another Silver star low beam burns out.
- 1/9/09 - 39,086 miles, belt broke.
- 04/09/09 - 41,000 miles, another Silver star low beams burns out. Each time same senario, the bike outside in near freezing conditions while away from home. Luckily this time I had a spare.
- 07-03-09 - 43,000 miles - Replaced the front rotor due to pulsating. Found the problem to be the mounting springs gunked up by brake pad deposit and kept rotor.
- 09/12/09 - 46,000 miles another Silver Star bulb replaced.
- 06/30/10 - 49,800 miles replace OEM Battery
- 07/11/10 - 50,300 miles another Silver Star bulb needs replacing.
- 05/21/11 - 54,700 miles replace clutch cable I broke trying to adjust it.
- 05/03/14 - 65,700 miles replaced the OEM rear wheel bearings.
|Other Mods/Misc/Customization.:||M2 - Peg Risers, Corbin Seat, Ventura Bag Rack and upgrade to factory stainless pipes
Uly - Vern's special orange chin fairing (Orangeulius'), Ventura Bag Rack
|Favorite Rides (Roads and Routes):||Eastern NC = Old Maple Hill Rd, Maple Hill NC
Western NC/Eastern Tenn = US 421 "The Snake"
Western Virginia = US 58 from ridge by BRP West and US 52 from Wytheville North
Georgia = GA SR60 (Suches)
|Why I do/don't ride a Buell:||A close friend had a Buell and I liked it, My Honda was a great bike but very plain in comparison. Its only problem is that it's too much machine and not enough soul.
So a year later I started to look around for a new bike. I found the M2 on EBay and brought it home. Even though it has aggrevated me at times, it had the soul I was looking for.
I rode XBs and was really impressed with the handling. As good as the M2 is, the XBs are better. They are lighter and more transparent when hanging off the bike. I had two problems with the XB. It was too small for long haul sport touring and two up riding. Then came the Ulysses. Afraid it was too tall, I thought I would have to wait another year to see what came out. I was seriously looking at Hondas as my next Bike. Then my dealer finally got one in and I sat on it. The Ulysses is tall, but I can live with it. The rest of the bike was an answer to my needs out of an XB.
|How can Buell improve their motorcycles?:||Dunno|
|Top speed on 2 wheels (mph):||130mph|
|Preferred engine oil (brand/grade):|
|Click Here to send a private message to M2nc|
|Topics | Last Day | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Rules | Program Credits||Administration|