G oog le BadWeB | Login/out | Topics | Search | Custodians | Register | Edit Profile

Buell Forum » Old School Buell » Is Badweb dying? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through November 13, 2017S1owner30 11-13-17  01:36 pm
Archive through November 08, 2017Kc_zombie30 11-08-17  01:05 pm
Archive through October 30, 2017Phelan30 10-30-17  12:42 pm
Archive through October 25, 2017Court30 10-25-17  04:41 pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Airbozo
Posted on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 03:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

I bought my motorcycles as an investment in my sanity. It has paid off way better than I would have thought.

I could however sell my 2009 XB12R for more than I have invested in it (according to the Craigslist and ebay prices), but I feel it would cheapen my sanity investment, so I will ride it for several more years.

I have spent more than 3 times what my sportster is worth for upgrades and such and never expect to get that out of it. It just makes it nicer for me.

The SO bought her 1975 FJ40 for $4500 almost 20 years ago and the price of them has done nothing but go up (with a few fluctuations). As it sits now it is worth about $20k. $25k to the right person because of some of the updates we have done to it (disc brakes all the way around, plus other options). That is actually twice what it sold for new. Pristine examples are selling for $45k and more.

Again, we did not buy it for an investment so I am not worried about the resell value, but it is nice to know it's there.

Mnscrounger
Posted on Monday, November 13, 2017 - 04:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

It was worth a try.
I haven't had 2700 bucks since I brought DDB 2 home anyway.
Besides, if I did buy another bike, I would probably also need to get a tarp big enough to cover all 3, and sleep in the middle of the teepee because I doubt Id be sleeping in the house anymore.

Upthemaiden
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 08:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

"I would probably also need to get a tarp big enough to cover all 3, and sleep in the middle of the teepee because I doubt Id be sleeping in the house anymore."

Honestly, that sounds great.

Airbozo
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 12:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Mnscrounger:

When I bought the XB12R last year, the SO made some comments about how nice the dog house would fit my sleeping bag.

She also made sure to "remind" me that she can't fit on the back of either of my Buell's so the Sportster rebuild needed to be moved up the priority list.

Ocbueller
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 07:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Have checked in here everyday since 1999 or so.
SteveH

Milar
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 02:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

If anyone needs evidence of the decline in the motorcycle market take a look at this list of companies declaring bankruptcy.

The companies filing for Chapter 11 are the following: Renthal Americas, Tucker Rocky, Performance Machines (which includes Roland Sands Design), Vance & Hines, J&P Cycles, Velocity Holdings Company, Velocity Pooling Vehicle, DFR Acquisition, Ed Tucker Distributor, Kuryakyn, MAG Creative Group, MAGNET Force, Motorcycle Superstore, Motorcycle USA, Motorcycle Aftermarket Group, Mustang Motorcycle Products, Ralco Holdings, and Rally Holdings.

https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/motorcycle-a ftermarket-group-mag-chapter-11-refinance/#more-14 6707

Mike
« Previous Next »

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and custodians may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous" (Valid reason required. Abusers will be exposed. If unsure, ask.)
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Rules | Program Credits Administration