|Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 01:21 pm: ||
I got my twin tec nose cone ignition working and ran it with the side plate off for the test drive. When I parked it I noticed the sticker was bubbling and very hot to the touch. Is there something I can do to insulate this unit so it doesn't cook like the stock one did? I will put the stock cover with the gasket on but any other ideas would be great. Thanks
|Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2007 - 01:37 pm: ||
There shouldn't be that much heat there. I'd look for a problem before just insulating it...a cooking label usually indicates heat being generated internally (i.e. an overheating circuit). If you have a shop manual, do some voltage checks to make sure you're not overloading the circuit. I'd be especially suspicious since you say you cooked the stock ignition too.