G oog le BadWeB | Login/out | Topics | Search | Custodians | Register | Edit Profile

Buell Forum » Quick Board » The never ending Harley saga... « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through November 19, 2020Ourdee30 11-19-20  07:48 am
Archive through October 28, 2020Buellish30 10-28-20  06:30 pm
Archive through October 09, 2020Tootal30 10-09-20  10:58 am
Archive through September 11, 2020Crusty30 09-11-20  04:45 pm
Archive through September 01, 2020Hughlysses30 09-01-20  02:23 pm
Archive through July 30, 2020Crusty30 07-30-20  06:39 pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tootal
Posted on Thursday, November 19, 2020 - 11:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

A friend of mine got one for his wife. He and I were on the track team in high school and he's still in great shape but his wife was always lagging behind when they rode their bikes. After he got her the electric she can now keep up with him on hills etc. So I can see a market, I'm just not there...yet!

Zac4mac
Posted on Thursday, November 19, 2020 - 12:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Yeah, RD
I still regret not trying it out, there at Gusí Homecoming gathering.
You looked like you enjoyed it... and you were the only one that rode it.

Z

Tpehak
Posted on Thursday, November 19, 2020 - 01:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

The market is huge, there are more than 50% bicycles I see on the streets are electrical here in Seattle.

Wolfridgerider
Posted on Friday, November 20, 2020 - 12:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Hey Greg, What do you think about this bike?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/10572508 81374498/?ref=search&referral_code=undefined

Tootal
Posted on Friday, November 20, 2020 - 05:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

It looks good. It looks like he's put in a Screaming Eagle 6 speed trans. The 2002 came with a 5 speed. I wonder if he played with the engine. That's what I would want to know. The spring loaded cam chain tensioners were part of the problem with the early twin cams. They make a hydraulic chain tensioner set up that's better. I'm running gear drive cams. That would be my main question.

Wolfridgerider
Posted on Friday, November 20, 2020 - 07:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

I don't know if he knows what has been done to it. I'm aware of the cam issue and was one of the things I changed on mine not to long after buying it.
The guy that owns it is a close friend and he wants it out of his garage.... and I know what will happen if it ends up in my garage.

$$$$

Needs_o2
Posted on Saturday, November 21, 2020 - 09:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Greg,
You're spot on with the ebike market. I bought the Flluid 1S for myself to commute to my store, which is 11 miles away, and the last thing I wanted is to smell like an 18 year old boy's dorm room. So I average 24 mph to and from with wind and hills. I then realized that I could enjoy riding with Julie where I haven't in the past, since she struggled to keep up or manage hills very well. Realize, she's only 5', tipping 100 lbs, and has almost 6 years on me. Now that she's on a 1S as well, she did need to buy platform shoes to reach the pedals,
we cruise down the highway at 28 mph with me behind and unable to catch and pass her. We're looking forward to next summer, since she got hers this fall, to do a bunch of riding on some camping trips.

The Harleys (Serial 1s) will sell to those that bleed orange and black, but without gearing I don't see them as being very useful for commuting or any serious distances. They'll just spend money on chrome add-ons for something else to polish in their garage.

Tootal
Posted on Saturday, November 21, 2020 - 10:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Mark, I totally understand, coming from somebody that just put over $1000.00 into an 18 year old bike with 111,000 miles on it! As my racing buddy always says about his race car, never keep the receipts! If you add them up you'll hate yourself!

Jeff, if I lived in your neck of the woods I could see having an e-bike. Here in Illinois, the hills aren't too tough!

Fireboltwillie
Posted on Saturday, November 21, 2020 - 11:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

needs02, what is that hanging below the seat stay?

Needs_o2
Posted on Saturday, November 21, 2020 - 12:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

It's a supplied Abus wheel lock.

Fireboltwillie
Posted on Saturday, November 21, 2020 - 01:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

nice.. thanks!
« Previous Next »

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous" (Valid reason required. Abusers will be exposed. If unsure, ask.)
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Rules | Program Credits Administration