G oog le BadWeB | Login/out | Topics | Search | Custodians | Register | Edit Profile

Buell Forum » Quick Board » Motorcycles no more « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through November 21, 2020Rick_a30 11-21-20  08:17 am
Archive through October 09, 2020Rick_a30 10-09-20  01:31 am
Archive through August 04, 2020Court30 08-04-20  06:58 am
Archive through March 08, 2020Rick_a30 03-08-20  10:33 am
Archive through December 14, 2019Crusty30 12-14-19  05:11 pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Pwnzor
Posted on Saturday, November 21, 2020 - 08:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

I like that red stitching on your shift boot.

Rick_a
Posted on Saturday, November 21, 2020 - 10:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Thanks. It's a leather boot for another car...which I trimmed to make work...because it was inexpensive.
20200412_164105 by Slick_Rick77, on Flickr

Pwnzor
Posted on Saturday, November 21, 2020 - 04:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

I knew it was custom. There's a guy on Spyderchat who makes custom arm rests, door cards, and other trim pieces for my car... I've got all three arm rests that he makes, as well as convex side view mirrors.

There's so much cool stuff in the aftermarket that's made by enthusiasts since the advent of 3D printing at the consumer level. I've got door jamb braces that cost $40. If you want the TRD equivalent you can fork over $250 for something you can't even see unless the door is wide open and you bend over to look for it.

Rick_a
Posted on Saturday, November 21, 2020 - 06:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Yeah. I kind of want inner fender braces but don't really want to disassemble the entire front end of my car. They say once you've done it a few times, it isn't bad. Last time I did something like that, it never lined up the same.

It feels pretty solid now, but the people in the know, say the difference is pretty noticeable.

Other than a turbo, that's all I need

I found out that the CRZ engine underbody panel fits this car with minor modification. It's supposed to be good for a 1mpg mileage increase. I like the idea.

I've been keeping the fan on low and cycling thr AC as needed. That has saved one to two mpg.

I've also slowed down on the highway some. That has saved a couple MPG as well.

Rick_a
Posted on Saturday, November 21, 2020 - 07:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

I'm also continually amused and sometimes appalled at the behavior of some that apparently can't stand being passed by a tiny car. Just yesterday a guy nearly wrecked trying to get away from me in the previous generation Mustang GT. That extra three hundred fifty horsepower means nothing on a curvy road or in traffic.

86129squids
Posted on Saturday, November 21, 2020 - 08:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

"I'm also continually amused and sometimes appalled at the behavior of some that apparently can't stand being passed by a tiny car."

I'm getting the same feeling with my PC800. It now has about enough acceleration to surprise, but not shock someone. I keep wanting to find ways to make it a real "sleeper". even keeping the exhaust note quiet. Can't risk screwing up the condition of this bike though, it's super clean original.

Maybe I'll just pour a can of NOS in the gas tank...

Pwnzor
Posted on Saturday, November 21, 2020 - 08:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

My buddy's K20 swapped Spyder was on the lift today when I went to get the oil changed in the family truckster.

Rod knock in #4, time for a new engine. So, he's going for a K24 swap, get a little more torque out of it... but the block is another couple of inches taller, so there will be some cutting going on.

« Previous Next »

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous" (Valid reason required. Abusers will be exposed. If unsure, ask.)
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Rules | Program Credits Administration