G oog le BadWeB | Login/out | Topics | Search | Custodians | Register | Edit Profile

Buell Forum » Quick Board » So it begins! The leaning house of mine. « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through December 10, 2017Tootal30 12-10-17  12:15 pm
Archive through December 07, 2017Etennuly30 12-07-17  08:36 am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Etennuly
Posted on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 03:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Court I am amazed by those things you do and marvel at the intellect of engineers like Blake and yourself, and lest we forget Mr. Buell.

It is so awesome to see you guys, as with so many of BadWeB's finest, at the top level of the World's intellectual pool doing your work.

I love watching this kind of work being done and have many questions to ask from a layman's position.

Some of the things I have done body and paint work on do this kind of work. From the tractor trailers that haul large dozers and excavators, to the excavators, back hoes, track hoes, triaxle dumps, huge front loaders,even drag line boom extensions, and their huge buckets, fleets of boom trucks, and such. I Have operated all of these kinds of equipment a matter of moving them to access them for repairs. With the exception of a two month stint on a D8 and a 330 excavator, and thousands of hours on my tractors, I didn't get to operate but few of them in the field. Found out that I would rather be the director and watch them do their stuff.

But for winning the wrong argument with my dad as a teen, I now know An early secondary education could have taken me places I could never have dreamed possible.

Greg, let's bury a barge under your house. Make it look like it is not there, then add on a new garage to fit over a D9 at one end that will remain at the ready. House starts to sink again tote that up the street to safety!

Court
Posted on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 04:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

>>>>I now know An early secondary education could have taken me places I could never have dreamed possible.

Don't think you haven't lived a dream . . . . I marvel at ALL the stories, takes, foibles and faux faux here on Badweb.

When someone says "body and paint work" or "welding" to me . . . . I drop to a knee in hero worship. I have great admiration . . . particularly, in the world of Buell, watching the folks when we were actually building bodywork from scratch for the S2 and seeing the work that Jim Bantz did on some projects.

It's so cool . . .in each of these discussions to see the awesome collective power that's made Badweb the center of the Buell universe for so many years.

Very cool stuff . . .

Ourdee
Posted on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 06:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Here here. I am constantly amazed by people in this community. I meet people that have crammed centuries of living into decades. Incredibly deep thought into the space of a puddle. An understanding of pallet and a blend of knowledge of human nature culminating in subtle nuances I watch others race by without a clue. The more I open my eyes, the more I'm stood on my ear. I have learned to not preconceive a picture while it is rolling off of one of your tongue having life breathed in to it. I was a guest in a man from the Volunteer States house this year. A man with a heart to big for his clothes. Even his dog smiled on me. I never cease to be blessed by my Brothers in Buells. Someone showed me what they were doing last year. I laughed so hard at myself later that evening. I had a preconceived notion develop as they explained it to me. Then they showed me a picture of their work. I had so underestimated the work they were explaining I had no words. I was awe struck.

Tootal
Posted on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 07:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Everybody's ignorant, just in different subjects! Will Rogers

Griffmeister
Posted on Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 09:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

So when the house is stabilized do you get to sit out front and watch your neighbors slide by?

At least the mine is collapsing from a simple lack of support and not like the one in Centralia, PA that's been burning since 1962.

Tootal
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2017 - 11:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

My house and another one on another cul-de-sac above me are the only ones showing damage even though the whole neighborhood was moving. They are installing the round pipe sections today and are going to grout them and hook them up to the brackets. The grout will be set up by tomorrow and they might try a lift. We'll see.
« Previous Next »

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous" (Valid reason required. Abusers will be exposed. If unsure, ask.)
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Rules | Program Credits Administration