G oog le BadWeB | Login/out | Topics | Search | Custodians | Register | Edit Profile

Buell Forum » Quick Board » Marvel's Defenders is coming. « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 10, 2017Aesquire30 07-10-17  03:04 pm
Archive through March 26, 2017Aesquire30 03-26-17  04:35 pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aesquire
Posted on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 01:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/07/23/7-charact ers-who-like-the-female-doctor-who-broke-the-glass -ceiling/

I'm a who fan, especially the 2005 reboot/continuation of the ancient show. I personally look forward to a female Doctor.

Spoiler alert... Spoiler alert

I also loved the latest companion. The first openly gay female character on the show, the running gag that she can't get laid because the world coming to an end interrupts her was initially hilarious. Imagine your first date with a girl being interrupted by The Pope.

End Spoilers.

Although Bill was the first openly gay female companion she was preceded by Captain Jack, openly everything sexual male. I'd say bi..... but that doesn't cover it. He doesn't care if they are human as long as they say yes.. like Captain Kirk.

But brave.... ok, just following orders BBC mandatory sexuality break through aside, the New Doctor is not the first powerful female character in science fiction or tv or movies.

The works of many writers going back decades have had strong female characters. As usual Robert Heinlein was there long before with his preference for hot, redhead, omnicompetent heroes. ( like his wife, Virginia ) or EE "Doc" Smith and his hyper competent female characters. Or Tolkien and his.... although a modern feminist nut would object to the Little Mermaid plot with Arwen.

In other words. Much ado about little. From both sides.

Aesquire
Posted on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 01:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

New trailers out for
A Wrinkle In Time
Kingsman 2 The Golden Circle

This looks interesting. Cop Buddy pic.

and of course.

Aesquire
Posted on Monday, July 24, 2017 - 02:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

who234

Hootowl
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 09:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

At least they have a sense of humor...

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/08/24/th eater-announces-terrifying-clowns-only-screening-i t.html

Ourdee
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 10:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

I just want to go to the clown party.

Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 11:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

I just want to go to the clown party.

Sounds like it would be a fun - or should I say funny - time!

Warning - if you do not have a sense of humor, or cannot handle being an adult, do not watch past the first 10 seconds or so of this clip!

Ourdee
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2017 - 11:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

So two cannibals are outside the circus tent. One cannibal says to the other,"Does this clown taste funny to you?"

Back you your' marvel.

Ourdee
Posted on Friday, August 25, 2017 - 12:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

1313, Messed up part of that scene is it starts after he knocks out the boy's momma and she is laying on the ground by the driver's door.

Aesquire
Posted on Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 04:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Can't wait.

86129squids
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 12:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Thanks for that! I was waiting, waiting, to hear Tesla mentioned... that should be a great flick.

Aesquire
Posted on Monday, September 11, 2017 - 02:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

One of the first books I remember was a biography of Thomas Edison. A hero of mine for years. It was a shock to find how slimy the guy could be.

Electrocution as a method of capital punishment was a publicity stunt campaign to discredit alternating current. From the seller of direct current equipment.

Aesquire
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 04:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

https://www.avclub.com/the-35-best-science-fiction -movies-since-blade-runner-1819142386

I don't like several of these choices, Videodrome, for example, but at the time it was a fresh, nightmare inducing film that stuck with me, even if I never want to see it again. Others like Inception seem like pretentious crap to me, although with great effects.

Which just goes to show that taste is taste and a movie I gush over may leave you cold.

Any opinions on this list?

I will say that 3, 4, 5, 18, 20, 21, 26, 28, 32, and of course, Bladerunner ( original cut ) are classics and I recommend them without reservation. ( yes, even Buckaroo Banzai, it's awesome in so many ways )

11, 16, 23, ( which I loved )& 30 all get honorable mention but. And the But can be severe.

17, Starship Troopers, REALLY torqued me off with it's butchery of the source material, which the Director hated. Ironically I love the parts where he's most heavy handed, and the furthest from the source material, the infomercials pushing the fascism he wrongly saw in the original... and I don't think he ever read. I really believe this is a movie made from a description of a book. Third hand.

There are a few I don't remember, or didn't see, or just didn't enjoy. ( #1 comes to mind, but that might be for personal reasons )

Zac4mac
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 10:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Laffa while-a you can-a monkey boy!!

Aesquire
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2017 - 12:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

I'm wondering if there is any tie in with "Gifted".

If this is a straight horror story, I'm not interested, but I think this trailer is meant to cash in on It.
« Previous Next »

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous" (Valid reason required. Abusers will be exposed. If unsure, ask.)
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Rules | Program Credits Administration