G oog le BadWeB | Login/out | Topics | Search | Custodians | Register | Edit Profile

Buell Forum » Quick Board » Never again... « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive 2015Ducbsa180 12-31-15  03:53 am
Archive 2016Hootowl420 15 11-15-16  11:05 am
Archive 2017Rick_a660 23 12-21-17  11:18 pm
Archive 2018Ourdee1170 40 12-27-18  04:04 pm
Archive 2019Chauly540 19 05-21-19  08:08 am
Archive through August 19, 2019Aesquire30 08-19-19  05:48 am
Archive through August 12, 2019Ducbsa30 08-12-19  02:44 pm
Archive through August 08, 2019Aesquire30 08-08-19  06:36 am
Archive through August 05, 2019Aesquire30 08-05-19  11:46 am
Archive through July 23, 2019Rick_a30 07-23-19  09:28 am
Archive through July 11, 2019Natexlh100030 07-11-19  08:49 am
Archive through July 03, 2019Ratbuell30 07-03-19  10:34 pm
Archive through June 26, 2019Chauly30 06-26-19  04:25 pm
Archive through June 18, 2019Aesquire30 06-18-19  01:30 am
Archive through June 10, 2019Ourdee30 06-10-19  07:44 pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ducbsa
Posted on Monday, August 19, 2019 - 07:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/08/democratic- dishonesty-on-assault-weapon-bans/

Aesquire
Posted on Monday, August 19, 2019 - 07:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-08-18/mcmaken- why-joe-biden-winning-gun-control-debate

Ratbuell
Posted on Monday, August 19, 2019 - 08:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

I can see the perspective the Biden article was written from. But...they missed the mark by just a bit.

Gun advocacy isn't so we can "fight against a standing army", at least not in today's vernacular. I personally - and I think many other people feel this way as well - don't see our troops as the threat.

The "Generals in D.C." (see article) are the threat.

I'm not worried about the boots on the ground - they are us. I'm worried about the elites running the show, who seem to have forgotten they are elected to REPRESENT, not to RULE. WE tell THEM what to do.

Rick_a
Posted on Monday, August 19, 2019 - 09:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

People are so malleable it's really quite disheartening. The lack of any standards or consistency is crazy. People are literally losing their minds today over what they supported yesterday...because they've been told to in various ways.

Sifo
Posted on Monday, August 19, 2019 - 10:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

The "Generals in D.C." (see article) are the threat.

I'm not worried about the boots on the ground - they are us. I'm worried about the elites running the show, who seem to have forgotten they are elected to REPRESENT, not to RULE. WE tell THEM what to do.

Very true. The rank and file soldier is well conditioned to follow the chain of command though (Numerous examples in our nations history). It's a big thing to refuse an order. Bigger thing to undermine an order. No doubt, some would fire upon their fellow citizens if ordered to do so. I don't think such a conflict would last long though. Such orders would be questioned at all ranks quite quickly, and could split the military. Of course, the group being fired upon has to be able to defend themselves long enough for that to happen. If they are unarmed, the conflict is over before the foot soldiers get a chance to assess what's happening, even if a certain percentage of them stand down against the orders.

Aesquire
Posted on Monday, August 19, 2019 - 10:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

But...they missed the mark by just a bit.

It's biased as heck you mean. Or perhaps full of...it.

I thought the perspective worth posting.

The argument that defending yourself against tyranny is futile since the Military has F-15s is specious. It's a lie to discredit the reality.

It's best phrased a bit differently. "I'll order your entire family murdered, and burn your block down with zero care for the lives of innocents, to shut you up".

And the author of the piece seems fine with the government burning families alive, as long as it's "His Kind" of government.

Never mind the technical errors. He's either ignorant, or knows better and is lying.

The reality is they ( leftist politicians ) really fear you with any weapon. Not because you are going to assault supersonic bombers with a .22, but because they know you are a real threat on a personal level.

They've gone from impolite discourse, which is normal, to ad hominem attacks on political rivals, which is normal, if dishonest, to the very heart of racist thinking, considering people as a group, not individuals, which is, well, normal for Democrats, to actually calling for the Mob to attack journalists, and folk at public speeches. It's gone from Purple shirt SEIU Union thugs beating old men, & masked Antifa beating old ladies and gay journalists, to screaming mobs outside the home of people they PERSONALLY pointed Mobs at. They crossed a big line, know it, ( but are secure in thinking the Press will never call them on it ) and they project their evil on everyone else. They assume that You will go to their homes and shoot them if they go too far. They would. And they plan to go very far indeed.

Thumper74
Posted on Monday, August 19, 2019 - 11:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

"Charity begins at home. So does education. Take your neighbor and his old enough kids to the range, make sure they are safe, then that they have a good time. The more people with a positive view of guns & gun owners, the better. It makes you not be a scary THEM."

Aesquire, I've been saying this for eternity! The more we normalize gun ownership outside of hunting and the survivalist types, the better. There are groups that would not normally associate with gun owners by choice, such as women (outside of marriage/boyfriends), black people, urban demographics, etc. My cousin and I reach out to any person who wants to learn. During the current administration, we both had friends that were LGBT and were terrified that Trump is empowering people to hurt them. We offered to take them shooting and teach them what they needed to make an informed decision on how to protect themselves. A few took us up on it and had fun. They all own at least one gun now. I can't say they will vote against a candidate that advocates for gun control, but they are a voice counter to what you would expect.

My wife and MIL were ambivalent to guns when I came along. Both now have CCWS. Nancy carries the camp G42 I posted before or a Walther. Her mom carries a Ruger 357 revolver!

My step sons are both mixed and have shot a bunch.

My favorite YouTube channels are Demolition Ranch, Colin Noire, Black Rambo, and 32Icon. Demolition Ranch is a veterinary doctor who has tons of videos with guests of all backgrounds, but he has fun and it's not training, tactics, reviews, etc. Colin Noire is a well spoken dude that is counter to the normal narrative and tells it better than I would ever be able to. He gets flack for not towing the line... I stumbled upon Black Rambo, who is a Marine vet, gold teeth, tattooed up, etc. and has gaudy guns, but has a huge following, including those outside of expected fan bases. 32icon is a black woman who does gear reviews, etc. The reason I love her channel is that she's real. She talks about selling a gun or two to finance one she likes more. Budgets. Plus, she's a black woman who can inspire more people who may not conventionally like guns to at least try it and get someone else interested.

Aesquire
Posted on Monday, August 19, 2019 - 08:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Weapon_Shops_o f_Isher

And a very pro second amendment comic with great tecnobabble. Start at the beginning.

https://www.quantumvibe.com

Zac4mac
Posted on Monday, August 19, 2019 - 09:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Hmmmm
Maybe that's why my favorite things to collect are guns, ammunition and knives/swords.

Z

Rick_a
Posted on Tuesday, August 20, 2019 - 05:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

I like Mr.Gunsandgear, MAC, Forgotten Weapons, InRangeTV, AK Operator's Union, TFB TV, and Iraq Veteran 888 is okay. I watch Demo Ranch on occassion and Hickock 45 when I wanna nap.

There's a gun lawyer guy that's pretty good, too...TheGunCollective.

Pwnzor
Posted on Tuesday, August 20, 2019 - 07:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Another 900 rounds heading my way from Underwood

Rick_a
Posted on Tuesday, August 20, 2019 - 10:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

I've got a line on a pretty nice Del-Ton rifle for under $400. It would make a nice girlfriend gun. However, once it's put together with sights, a red dot optic, a decent stock, a good muzzle device, and a good light...it's at least double that...aand I'm broke.

Aesquire
Posted on Tuesday, August 20, 2019 - 12:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/08/g uns_and_property_what_the_elites_think_americans_n eed_has_nothing_to_do_with_individual_rights.html

Zac4mac
Posted on Wednesday, August 21, 2019 - 12:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

At my CCW class, they asked us to stand up, identify ourselves and say why we were there.

I said "I'm 63, too old to run, too old to get beat up, I want a gun".

Aesquire
Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2019 - 10:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

https://pjmedia.com/vodkapundit/liz-warrens-radica l-anti-second-amendment-agenda/

Ratbuell
Posted on Thursday, August 22, 2019 - 12:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

And, oh, by the way, all my firearms and ammo were lost in a tragic fishing accident, and I was too drunk at the time to remember which lake.

Yup.

Can't tax it if I ain't got it. Buh-bye.
« Previous Next »

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous" (Valid reason required. Abusers will be exposed. If unsure, ask.)
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Rules | Program Credits Administration