|Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2014 - 05:04 pm: ||
Order of events of failure:
- Normal turn on procedure but when I pressed the yellow start button I heard a clatter at the starter, like the sound when it isn't getting enough current and not engaging.
- Turn key off & try again, this time when I pressed the button everything went dead. by saying that I mean, fuel pump motor went silent, all lights off.
- Turn key off & try again. This time the meters did not sweep & when I went to turn the red start button on the fuel pump never made noise (it was always loud).
So here is what happens now:
- Turn key to on & meters will not sweep.
- Headlight turns on but high beam indicator is lit, weird.
- If I turn on the high beam the light does turn on but the high beam indicator turns off, backwards & weird.
- Flipping the red start button does nothing.
- Fuel pump will not prime.
- At some random interval the meters will sweep sometimes but I cannot repeat it.
What I have done:
- The wire harness is brand new & only one season old.
- I checked every single fuse.
- I swapped out every single relay, not only with each other but with a new one as well.
- When I pulled the main 30a fuse at the battery the meters swept when I plugged it back in but still nothing.
- Yes my grounds are tight.
- I ordered & tried a brand new ignition switch (from the dealer), nope.
Work I have done recently:
- Loaded a new map to the ECM.
- Installed a HID kit for the low beam.
Both things above were with the help from American Sports Bikes.
Electrical parts that are new (within the year):
- Wire harness
- 77 Connector
So apparently some part failed. What could have failed that would show these types of symptoms?
|Posted on Saturday, May 24, 2014 - 08:52 pm: ||