|Posted on Friday, July 06, 2012 - 09:18 am: ||
Dear Buell owners,
I might have something of use for you:
It is an online tool for calculating acceleration, gears, power graphs, 400m drag race estimates.
Unlike other tools, this one incorporates power, weight and more,
so you can simulate how a setup works out in practice.
It works pretty good , but is not perfect yet (very new), therefore any input will be appreciated, you can place them here on the forum.
• the performance curves are generated, but if you have an image or csv file of a measured power curves, I can use that instead of the generated curve.
• also, for as far as I know, Buell / Harley use gearboxes with layshafts, they have a reduction on their own (most often with one gear disregarding the entire layshaft). I can also implement that, if somebody has the right ratio’s.
• missing models can be implemented.
• if it is a big nuisance, I can add mph, lb/ft, etc.
• any other suggestion is also welcome, new features will be taken in consideration.
|Posted on Friday, July 06, 2012 - 02:30 pm: ||
Willem, I want to apologize for your post getting removed, at first glance it looked like spam, but after clicking the link and playing around I see your site has great potential.
My suggestions, like you mentioned is having the option to see imperial units of measurement. While not a big deal, it would make it easier for the few countries still stuck in the stone age like America!
Also, one thing that would be cool (but probably a pain to implement), is some kind of comparison feature, so I can see say the Buell XB12 and 1125R on the same chart at the same time, maybe even the ability to throw in a bike from another brand for comparison too.
Again, the site looks great!
|Posted on Saturday, July 07, 2012 - 06:18 am: ||
thanks for not removing the post.
Regarding the units, I will implement imperial units, not such a problem.
The compare option is not a problem either, but I have to find a way to integrate it in the user interface.