|Posted on Sunday, February 27, 2005 - 08:02 pm: ||
could not find a definitive answer and i don't have the manual yet[dave is working on that]so here goes.if i remove the snorkel and install the race filter,will i have to do a tps reset or anything else.thanks.
|Posted on Sunday, February 27, 2005 - 08:03 pm: ||
No, you will not have to reset the TPS by removing the snorkel and installing the race filter.
Nor will you if you install the race exhaust.
Only if you replace the computer or the TPS itself.
|Posted on Sunday, February 27, 2005 - 08:07 pm: ||
thank you.that is what i needed to hear.now how do i get the airbox off.
|Posted on Sunday, February 27, 2005 - 08:13 pm: ||
1) Take the seat off (least you have to do this
with an R -- dunno about the S)
2) Remove the two T27 fasteners in the rear of outer airbox
3) Remove the two T27 fasteners in the front of
4) pull up on the four latching pressure clips
(two front, two back) which hold the inner airbox
cover down to the base.
4) This will expose the air filter.
5) Vacuum all the crap outa there
6) Install the new air filter
7) Reinstall (inner, outer & seat)
(You'll need to just unhook the fuel vent
line as it trapses over the inner airbox cover.)
Rinse. Lather. Repeat.
Glad to hear your manual is on the way
|Posted on Sunday, February 27, 2005 - 09:02 pm: ||
Here here, that is one heck of a description.
But YES it's true..