G oog le Buell 1125R Forum | Login/out | Topics | Search | Custodians | Register | Edit Profile

Buell Forum » 1125R Superbike Board » About to purchase 2008R 25k miles « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

S3windbreaker
Posted on Monday, January 09, 2023 - 06:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Hello all
Iím about to do it again
Buy another. This time 08í 1125R.
Iíve struggled to choose between a XB12R and the 1125R
I have had a XB9R and a 09 1125R for a while so Iíve ridden both some miles.Both great machines as I believe all Buells are.
I still have my 00 M2 I donít think I can ever sell.
I think It boils down to craving that 146hp adrenaline producing power plant.
The bike has 25k on the clock but was a one owner up to 2021.
Has the race ECM with Barker exhaust and clutch Upgrade
Itís very clean and been well maintained.
Iíve always trusted my 45 degree Sportster V twins for durability and longevity. From what Iíve read the rotax should go the distance as well.
Any of you 1125 high milage guys or known of high milage rotax engines have advise on longevity ?
I maintain and repair my machines and use Amsoil
Thank you for any feedback

S3windbreaker
Posted on Tuesday, January 10, 2023 - 10:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Found a post I must have overlooked from high milage 1125 riders back in 2012.
Great to read about them raking up the miles and smiles. I'm looking forward to it.

S3windbreaker
Posted on Tuesday, January 24, 2023 - 10:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Part of the family now
2008 1125R
25K miles and many more to come
Really enjoying the power and handling
Thank you all for your stories and input that helped me make the purchase
« Previous Next »

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous" (Valid reason required. Abusers will be exposed. If unsure, ask.)
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Rules | Program Credits Administration