G oog le Buell 1125R Forum | Login/out | Topics | Search | Custodians | Register | Edit Profile

Buell Forum » 1125R Superbike Board » Fuel pump issues « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Muli
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 05:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Replaced the fuel the other day and its still blowing a fuse. Disconnect the pump harness and no such issues.
ive checked the brown/yellow cable to the two pins on the multimeter and both pins beep. Plugged into the ecu and ignition on i get power as well.

Tried grounding the wire from the pump to see if it would run continuosly but no luck.

With the new pump in and no luck i decided to plug the old directly to a battery and it spun to life. FML

Obviously my only option is to pull the new pump out and test the existing fuel pump assembly harness which i should of done in the first place.

i saw some threads about the wiring failing inside the epoxy part which got me thinking that the other two are for the fuel tank level sensor right?
My fuel light appears to work as it comes on if i drain the fuel and dissapears eventually when filled enough.

Could these two wires be swapped around to the pump changed around at the plug end if one of the wires is damaged inside the epoxy. who needs a fuel light anyway right?

Panshovevo
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 06:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

The red wire on the upside of the connector that leads to the fuel pump is normally hot all the time.
The ECU grounds the pump as necessary to provide pressure according to requirements.

The black wire leads to the ECU, and provides the ground for the pump.

I'm not at the shop, and can't remember the harness color coding on the pump side of the connector, but will take a look after dinner, in the hope of providing a better educated answer to your question.

Simplymichaeljr
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 12:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Check for chafed wires inside the frame or the connection to the fuse box itself. But, it may be a case of double checking your work since you didn't say it was blowing fuses beforehand--or was it? If it was, then I would guess it's a chafed wire or bad connection.

(Message edited by simplymichaeljr on April 06, 2017)

(Message edited by simplymichaeljr on April 06, 2017)
« Previous Next »

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous" (Valid reason required. Abusers will be exposed. If unsure, ask.)
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Rules | Program Credits Administration