|Posted on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 03:15 pm: ||
Hi guys, been modifying my 1125, I'll let the pictures do the talking.
|Posted on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 03:37 pm: ||
|Posted on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 04:38 pm: ||
I tried editing his post, figuring maybe he formatted the links wrong, but nope, no pics!
If you have to, try uploading them to imgur.com, you don't even need to make an account, then you can share a link here.
(Message edited by froggy on January 30, 2015)
|Posted on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 04:43 pm: ||
Maybe that is his modification.
|Posted on Friday, January 30, 2015 - 05:11 pm: ||
Sorry guys, spent ages putting them up then when I tried to preview it took the links away... I'll have another go tomorrow.
It's worth it honestly...
|Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 03:01 am: ||
Sorry guys, first of all tried posting one picture at a time, then it said the image is too big....
Here's the library, I've 5 bikes, including 3 Buells ans my turbo GSXR race bike, not got time to mess about on the computer...
Quick run-down of what I've done:
DRZ400 throttle and R6 tube (1/4 turn)
Yamaha Diversion 600 r/hand switchgear
ZX14 radial clutch and brake master cylinders
CRG shortie levers
HRC master cylinder tubes
Brembo rear caliper upgrade
R fairing on home-made brackets so it clears the high bars
XB Freespirits tensioner on home-made bracket to take some of the tightness out of the belt
home-made dynojet quickshift setup
GSXR1000 K8 left-hand titanium Yoshimura silencer slightly altered to fit onto an FMF interpipe. Sounds lovely :-)
Got some vids to upload from yesterday as well...
All photos here:
|Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 02:59 pm: ||
Right, got my head round it now...
Bought a DRZ400 throttle, already had an R6 throttle tube. Made my own cables up as they were longer than the CR and different ends...
Managed to get some CRG levers for the radial master cylinders. OK, the clutch now has feel, whereas the 1125 one was crap. The brake is VERY powerful, but, unlike before its more refined, less on/off. A definite improvement.
Next up, take some of the harshness out of the suspension. I KNOW it been argued many times regarding the 1125 overtight belt and the effect on the suspension. I don't like my rear end. I'll try this and see if it calms it down. Far too "choppy" now it actually moves :-)
Thought the stand wouldn't clear, but after trimming the little lump off it, it fitted quite well :-)
Because I spaced the footrest out a bit the original gearlever wouldn't fit. Out with the hacksaw...
Feels very tight and nice :-)
One cut on the Yoshimura GP2 GSXR1000 K8 titanium left-hand pipe and it fitted on the FMF interpipe :-)
Yoshi bobbins :-)
Pipe fitted :-)
Let's hope this post works now :-)
|Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 07:04 pm: ||
that looks great
|Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 08:41 am: ||
|Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 01:51 pm: ||
That xb was for sure a hell of a corroded bike.
I saw it before on ukbeg ,You did some great work to get it better like new!
|Posted on Monday, February 02, 2015 - 05:00 pm: ||
Yes, Brother, the XB9 was a big build. Got the Firebolt 1200 to do next, to the same sort of standard, then... well.... not sure yet!