|Posted on Wednesday, June 03, 2009 - 07:50 pm: ||
i need to drain it and use water wetter for the track...is there a precedure?
|Posted on Wednesday, June 03, 2009 - 10:11 pm: ||
i wish i had a scanner id scan and send u it out of the service manual. i imagine someone has a scanner and a service manual. wish i could help i know its simple though.
|Posted on Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 08:55 am: ||
On the water pump cover there is one bolt that has a copper washer. That is the drain bolt.
Do a search it has been detailed previously. Bleeding requires a specific process.
|Posted on Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 09:03 am: ||
I haven't seen nor heard of a flushing process.
Drain and re-fill until clear?
Left side drains with the radiator hose, right side the bottom pump housing screw with a brass washer.
FSM says replace that washer every time.
|Posted on Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 12:25 pm: ||
Make sure bike is on the sidestand!!!
Yea, there is a procedure:
1. Allow the engine to cool.
2. See Figure 1-55. Remove the radiator cap and wrap the
filler neck with a shop towel to contain spilled coolant.
3. Fill the filler neck with coolant. Use only GENUINE
HARLEY-DAVIDSON EXTENDED LIFE ANTIFREEZE &
COOLANT (Part No. 99822-02).
Reving the engine will draw more air into the system. If reved,
shut off the engine and restart the bleeding.
4. Start the engine and run at an idle.
To bleed air from the system, the thermostat must be open.
The thermostat opens at 165° F (73.9° C).
5. As air bubbles up through the filler neck add coolant to
maintain the coolant level at the bottom of the filler neck.
6. Continue until no air bubbles are escaping the filler neck.
7. With the cap off, allow the engine to cool.
8. Top off the filler neck with coolant as necessary.
9. Install the filler cap.
10. Top off the overflow bottle.
|Posted on Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 06:47 pm: ||
When I did my bike last year I made sure to flush it real good a few times. I use Liquid Performance and have good luck with it so far.
|Posted on Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 08:22 pm: ||