|Posted on Wednesday, August 23, 2023 - 09:40 am: ||
Initial impressions of 1190SX as compared to previous bike (1190SX):
1) Handling - 1190SX is similar in weight but has a lower center of gravity. Easier in turns and all around handling. Does tend to get blown around in high winds (turning inputs from wind). Back end can feel a bit light in corners.
2) Riding position - xb-12x is more comfortable since 1190sx has foot pegs back under seat and is lower leading to more cramped riding position. 1190sx allows for better foot contact when stopped. Also, the 1190sx has an angled seat (less comfortable) which forces weight forward and onto handlebars.
3) Engine Performance - 1190sx screams off the line. Way less noise and vibration. First time merging on the freeway in third gear at 80+ mph was a bit of a shock. Havenít gotten to the point where I can judge speed based just on gear and engine noise.
4) Safety - 1190sx has traction control. Way safer in rain. Didnít know about this feature till after purchase.
5) Fuel Monitoring - 1190sx has an instant mpg display and gives a mile count clock when reaching around 1.5 gallons or so fuel remaining.
6) Maintenance - Buell is building out a repair network for newer models like the 1190sx. Harley Davidson has spotty support for older Buells like the xb-12x
(Message edited by johndd on August 23, 2023)