G oog le BadWeB | Login/out | Topics | Search | Custodians | Register | Edit Profile

Buell Forum » THUMPer Forum  

Buell Blast Forum - Buell Blast Motorcycles - Buell Blast Discussion

Welcome to the Buell Blast Forum aka the "THUMPer Forum".

For Buell Blast P3 American Thumper-Cycle related questions, technical discussions, and information. Come on in and get some THUMP! : ]

Buell Blast Owner's Manuals (courtesy Buell Motorcycle Co.):
2005 Buell Blast Owner's Manual
2006 Buell Blast Owner's Manual
2007 Buell Blast Owner's Manual
2008 Buell Blast Owner's Manual
2009 Buell Blast Owner's Manual

Got THUMP?

THUMPer Forum: The Buell Blast Forum on BadWeB (for Buell enthusiasts)

to store and compare Blast fuel economy.

Please feel free to add your data to the database. It's very easy and lets you track your mileage and compare to all other Blasts in the database. Please use your forum name when you enter your data.

This is a link to the Blast MPG Data Page

This is a link to the data entry form

Bookmark the form for ease of use.

Enjoy!

Please Note!!!!!!
We are in no way responsible for any damage that may occur in the advice given to help you fix or 'improve' your bike. We are here to try and help, but that does not make us libel for any actions resulting in that advice, you could easily go elsewhere and ask for other opinions, and act accordingly.
Thank you for understanding.

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Questions from New Buell Blast Riders - ThumperFAQEzblast1225 61 08-27-14  03:16 am
BLASTARDS ARE WE
Who we are and what makes us tick!
Please feel free to add to the list!
Gearheaderiko472 17 08-08-14  08:07 pm
Got Thump? (Buell Blast Photos)
For sharing photos of Buell Blast Motorcycles (Thumpers in the House)
Ezblast3179 108 09-06-14  01:09 am
Buell Blast Thumper Knowledge Vault
From Carbs to Customizing to High Performance & Racing - All the tech & tricks for Buell Blast Motorcycles, find advice & answers here - or post your questions!
Vsingle24517 1369 09-03-14  10:40 pm
Blasting Away - The Thumper Quick board
For unique exploration of ideas involving our Thumper!
Gearheaderiko7001 674 09-06-14  10:54 am
Buell Blast Racing!(and track days)Gearheaderiko981 39 05-10-14  04:31 pm
Thumper Tales (Tales From the Darkside!)
Ride Reports, Tales of Adventure, "Blasting on the Dark Side", & other stories of Buell Blast Thumpercycling.
Gearheaderiko1724 63 09-13-14  05:49 pm
Buell Blast Recalls, Tech Bulletins, Notices, & Concerns
The Buell BLAST! is a great motorcycle, however no bike is perfect - here is a place to post official recalls, tech bulletins, notices, and concerns related to the Buell Blast.
Paul2281222 09-02-13  09:18 pm
Blasting Around (Buell Blast Riding Groups)
Local and regional forums for meeting, greeting, and riding with fellow Buell Blasters (Thumpaholics)
Vicenzajay578 96 04-03-14  09:55 pm
Pay It Forward: Blasting Goodness! (Trades Welcome!)
Pay It Forward - Buell Blast Parts & Gear: For assistance or to help your fellow Buell Blast riders when in need.

Copper1322 13 04-16-14  10:53 am
Buell Blast Motorcycle Classifieds...
Buell Blast Motorcycles, Parts, Gear, Accessories - For Sale or Wanted
Cheezeman2472 516 09-17-14  09:35 am
Blastphemy!
For non Buell discussions, questions or pictures that do not pertain to Buell.
Ezblast393 13 08-26-14  11:51 pm
ArchivesEzblast16100 552 03-15-14  05:08 pm
Archive through September 14, 2014Marksblast30 09-14-14  09:30 pm
Archive through August 10, 2014Ezblast30 08-10-14  02:30 am
Archive through July 05, 2014Gearheaderiko30 07-05-14  09:12 am
Archive through June 04, 2014Ezblast30 06-04-14  04:04 am
Archive through April 22, 2014Ezblast30 04-22-14  01:21 am
Archive through April 10, 2014Uneasy_rider30 04-10-14  11:16 pm

Please visit the "Got Thump?" section for pics of various Buell Blasts; check out our "Knowledge Vault" for Buell Blast technical questions, look in "Blasting Around" to find who is in your area for rides and "hi!"'s; visit "Blasting Away" to see unique ideas involving the Blast, and visit the "Dark Side" for tales of Blasting adventure! Post at the bottom of the page here for anything else or just to say hi! Welcome and enjoy! : )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gearheaderiko
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2014 - 12:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

No. The safety switch is for you. The compression is for Dylan. Please re read.

Just check for spark at both places.

You should also never replace anything until you first found your problem, regardless if it was already "on the list".
Keep us posted as we can only go by what you've written and since we can't actually check your bike out ourselves, that's all we can go by. What I've given is a place to start, but might not be the problem.

Gearheaderiko
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2014 - 12:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

PS it's not a California bike is it? Canada doesn't have pollution controls on bikes yet?

Marksblast
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2014 - 10:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

oh Ok, oops. )

IF there is no spark at the LED and it does not flash.
Then what?

I will start the checking.
I had the Ignition Module, BAS?, and fuel tank vacuum on my list.

ANY and all information helps me.
Many thanks...

And no it is not a California bike. The Serial Number is a 5MZ designed for outside the US. And letter L in it for Canada. Good call though,

I will keep posting.

Gearheaderiko
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2014 - 10:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

That is a good start. Let us know if there is no flash at the LED, then we'll go from there. I'm guessing there is. Then check for spark at the plug (or at a spare plug-you don't actually have to pull the spark plug-just use an extra known good plug).

I'm betting it's a safety switch.

Marksblast
Posted on Monday, September 15, 2014 - 06:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Update, After a few days away from home.
I tried starting the bike, and it started, as it does. First try.
No problem. It idled longer than the usual 30 seconds.
And sounded fantastic, smooth, consistent till about 45 or 50 seconds then it stopped. Tried again and got the same
tick tick and nothing.

I tried turning the middle Diode Fuse around to disengage the safety. I think thats right. But it did not slot in when turned around. The left side would not push down?
So I stopped.

I passed by the HD dealer here to see if they had a CO145.T
switch. But none in Canada. $ 13 online. If that were the issue.

That is all I can do for today this beautiful bike...

Ezblast
Posted on Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - 11:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

It won't slot - that is what dis-engages the safety - lol - twist kick stand wires together, and dis-able bas - all howto's in trouble shooting headlines. Could also be a stuck float.
EZ

Marksblast
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - 12:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Oh ok :-). Will try those.

When I re jetted. There was gas in the carb and the float
'floated' as it were... Clean, as could be in the carb and the stock jet #42, still looked new. Replaced for #45.

'Trouble shooting headlines' is that in the knowledge part.
Again, thanks. I've read some of your stuff ez much appreciated....

Ezblast
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - 03:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Yes -
http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buell/messages/201 64/150578.html?1407542788
EZ

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous" (Valid reason required. Abusers will be exposed. If unsure, ask.)
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Rules | Program Credits Administration