G oog le BadWeB | Login/out | Topics | Search | Custodians | Register | Edit Profile

Buell Forum » Buell Motorcycles, Parts, Service, & Accessories »  Satisfy Your Need for Speed! » How much for the Steve Madden treatment? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Blake
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 04:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

If I had a stock carbureted tube frame Buell and wanted the same 113RWHP performance that you managed to bestow upon Steve's S3, what would it entail, and what would the cost be?

What if the engine were a stock S2 unit instead of one with Thunderstorm heads?

Blake
Posted on Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 05:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

This is what I'm talkin' about...

Blake
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 01:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

Stock cylinders, OEM 0.010" over pistons, headwork, cams, plus... ?

Steveshakeshaft
Posted on Friday, November 09, 2007 - 01:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

And that is a very nice dyno chart indeed.

Pammy
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 09:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

It would probably be somewhere around 3K. That was a lovely motor. I think someone else on this board owns it now. I believe it has over 55K miles on it at this time. The man who owns it now called me shortly after his aquisition and told me he is one happy guy...

Blake
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 03:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

Call it $2995 delivered? : ]

Smadd
Posted on Monday, November 19, 2007 - 03:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

Pammy... I'd bet it has well over 55,000 by now. The new owner tends to take long rides! I don't know if I mentioned on the board, I sold it to the owner of a local cycle repair/parts establishment. He wanted it for some time and when the price was right, it was his.

I'm glad he got it... he's got it looking really great and having a ball with it! Added a Scorpion clutch, I believe... don't know if he's done any other work or modifications. He suggested I come by and take it for a spin... I have to decline for now... I need to get used to going slower! The last time I rode it, I cranked open the throttle in second gear, the front wheel shot towards the sky... I chopped the throttle and came crashing down... knee banging on the aircleaner. Scared the *#$! outta me! That's when I decided I should just "cruise" from now on! I'd say the power delivery of that motor is quite "adequate", to say the least!

Steve

Pammy
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 10:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

Hey Steve, I miss your face...how is the cold North treating ya?

Smadd
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 03:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

66 today... down to 34 by Friday! Other than that... things are great. Miss my face? My kids tell me I look exactly like Tony Kornheiser (Monday Night Football)... now why would anybody miss that???!!!

Blake
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 05:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

Most kind of you to stop by and post Steve. Have hope, they say that the planet is warming up some. : ]
« Previous Next »

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and custodians may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous" (Valid reason required. Abusers will be exposed. If unsure, ask.)
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration