G oog le BadWeB | Login/out | Topics | Search | Custodians | Register | Edit Profile

Buell Forum » Buell Motorcycles, Parts, Service, & Accessories »  Satisfy Your Need for Speed! » New 1125 Performance Mods « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Madduck
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 05:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

Pammy,

Are you and Wes thiking of performance mods on the newest Buell, I know its a little early but I would like to break 200mph gas class at Bonneville??

Take care

Paul

Pammy
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 07:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

We are always thinking of performance mods to just about anything...

Madduck
Posted on Wednesday, September 19, 2007 - 04:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

Pammy,

I am hoping to obtain one of the 1125's this spring, run it pretty much as is this year. Depending on how well it handles on the salt, go from there with motor and exhaust work for the following year. There is a lot of new stuff to sort out on a FI motor and I would really like an electric/air shifter. I would like to get up in the 200mph range in the gas class, expecting it to take 4 or 5 years. As long as the stock cases are kept we should be good to run in modified class. I plan on racing the S2 in the production class and want to have a project bike in the trailer so I have something to race every meet. The production class record seems to be heavily dependent on traction right now so we won't race it until the salt is right.

The street rod project never really went anywhere I wanted to go, aerodynamics is key to what I want to do at bonneville.
« Previous Next »

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and custodians may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous" (Valid reason required. Abusers will be exposed. If unsure, ask.)
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration