G oog le BadWeB | Login/out | Topics | Search | Custodians | Register | Edit Profile

Buell Forum » Buell Motorcycles, Parts, Service, & Accessories »  Satisfy Your Need for Speed! » The 2004 Competition has begun! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Pammy
Posted on Friday, March 21, 2003 - 04:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

According to sources close to me...There is a new competition afoot. Wes Brown, in conjunction with Cycle-Rama, Inc and Craig Walters of Walters Technologies against James Simonelli in conjunction with S&S Cycles have a serious rivalry to see who can produce the first 200RWHP street motor (Big Twin). Wes Brown and Craig Walters both being proven cylinder head experts and very capable of squeezing the last hp out of every motor they touch and James Simonelli being a notable wrench himself should make this contest THE event of the year.
Wes Brown of Cycle-Rama fame and James Simonelli from S&S Cycles set the Dyno on fire this and previous years at AMI in Daytona, FL. This years documented horsepower was 147.2 from Wes Brown's Cycle-Rama/Walters Technologies born 123ci Twin Cam and 169 from James Simonelli's 140ci S&S Cycles motor. As a side note: Pam Brown of Cycle-Rama, Inc. took the first place trophy with her 88ci in the Buell class, at this years AMI dyno shoot-out with a 127.2, even with crippling carburetor trouble.
This AMI event is being touted as the "Super BOWL" of Dyno shootouts. Several big name companies in the industry have already signed on to be a part of this Dynamic Dyno Dual. The battle ground of choice will be SuperFlow's CycleDyn SF-250 Dynomometer. This Dyno is noted, by the industry, for producing the most accurate horsepower numbers, bar none.
Stay tuned for updates and information as the battle rages on.

Jim_witt
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2003 - 02:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

Since I'm trying to support the sponsors here, do you guys sell the Bike-Grab wheel chock shown below.

Bike Grab

Bike Grab

-JW:>)

Blake
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 02:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

Hey Pammy! How about an update on the 200 rwhp contest. : ]

Pammy
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 07:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

Hey, it's still 2004...we all had delays last year.

meanwhile: This is my bike

and Wes'

Pammy
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 07:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

My bike is 88" 1999 Buell X-1

Wes' bike is 1993 FXRP with a 124" TC engine squeezed in.

Blake, I guess you can teach an OLD dog a new trick...cool

Rocketman
Posted on Thursday, April 01, 2004 - 09:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

Pammy it is nice to see You're still queen of the universe.

What cylinders and pistons are you using for 88" Pammy? I'm thinking of going this route myself.

Rocket

Blake
Posted on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 12:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

Wholly crap! She really went lean on you too.

Pammy,
You are neither old, nor dog. But you may be sly and bitchy sometimes. <yelp> : ] joker

Rocket,
I was thinking the same thing. Wow, that kind of power would be truly scary. Doing the math the torque at 3,800 rpm is 97 FT*LB! At 5252 it's 105 FT-LB! Have you ever ridden a beast like that? Course for the street you'd want to tame it a bit. Pammy says the pipes are not as quite at the stock system. heheheh

Blake
Posted on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 12:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

Pammy,

Can you elaborate on the various componentry used? Nitrous?

Pammy
Posted on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 07:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

Rocket, I am not ready to relinquish the title yet.

Positively no NOS...normally aspirated, and poorly at that.
I am still running the old, ancient AAC cylinders(88" that I started with. I had them re-coated by Millenium and then we added a couple of coatings of our own.
The pistons are of Cycle-rama (Wes Brown) design, made by ROSS. The heads are from STD(thanks Lou. God rest your soul) masterfully ported and re-configured by, none other than the head porting Wizard, himself, Wes Brown. The cams are, I believe, a 680 lift. The carb I am using right now is a Lectron and is not anywhere close to supplying enough fuel. Mikuni is working on a carb and intake for my particular application(YAAY, Lee).
Not to disillusion anyone, but, this bike is experimental and not for the general population. But it is definately a hoot. The sound, to which Blake refers, is such that I believe it could actually peel the skin right off your back. Sounds totally bad-assed. I wish I could put the sound up here for you to hear in it's true form. AWESOME! Sounds somewhat like a Top Fueler.

Wes' TC is remarkable as well. It will rip your arms out of the sockets if you are not prepared. We do a version of his motor for the street. They put out phenominal HP and Torque.

We have created a turbo'd, Dyna that Cycle-Rama built and it puts out 200 or so HP and unbelievable torque! It is for sale by the customer and is at my shop as I type. It's an incredible ride to be sure.

Cycle-Rama completed a 95" kit for a local customer that puts out 131 HP and is his street ride.

3 of our customers, all on the AHDRA race team(Drag Masters), that we do motors/motor/head work for, each won #1 NATIONAL plates for the 2003 year. One has already set a national record for the beginning race year 2004.

Cycle-Rama is building a couple more Bonneville bikes this year.

Of course you remember the Cycle-Rama/Team Elves effort.

Cycle-Rama has placed 1st in class every year since about 1998 at the AMI HP shootout.

We hope to make a showing this year at Maxton.

In other words, we are busy folks and enjoying every minute of it.....(well there could be a couple of minutes that I don't enjoy)

Blake, come over some time and you can try out the 'Yellow Beast'. Of course you would have to sign some liability waivers first...hehe

Rocket, sweety, if you make the trek to this side of the big blue again, you will have to stop in.

Blake
Posted on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 11:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

Pammy,
It's about time you let us all in on the successful competition side of Cycle-Rama's efforts.

We get over 100 new users every month. You might want to elaborate on the Team Elves thing. Something about the first ever pushrod V-Twin under 2000cc's to exceed 200mph at Bonneville? Motorcycle assembly/integration by owner Aaron Wilson, 1650cc engine by Cycle-Rama, Ridden by Richard Nallin. That was glorious.

Buckinfubba
Posted on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 09:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

pammy , i am alone drinkin whiskey and listening to outlaw country music,from the great vast wasteland of texas, on the eve of my 41st b-dayand i am agass, if not a lil turned on.....

all i can say is ......damn......you and wes are an inspiration to the rest of us lowly fools....

go cat go.....

Blake
Posted on Friday, April 02, 2004 - 10:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

WASTELAND!!!

%$&! hillbilly lookin t'git hissef shot.

Happy Birthday BIG guy!

Pammy
Posted on Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 06:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

Happy B-Day ya ol' redneck

Rocketman
Posted on Monday, April 05, 2004 - 04:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

88 ain't that big, hehe.

I reckon 1440cc's is about right for Rocket. 88 inch will work well with what I've already got - Andrews N9's, HSR 42, Race pipe and those Dick O'brien heads - without needing to rob another bank.

I was working along the lines of sorting the compression and squish to suit 88 inch, that's all. I'd still get enough charge in the chamber using my existing stuff to satisfy those extra 240cc's. I don't believe Millenium make an 88 kit though. I'll have to call Richard and scare myself!!

Blake, the only bloke that ran faster than I, 'officially', at Bonneville in the 130 Club was the very nice bloke that owned the 96 inch Buell I rode, Jack Van 'the man' Voast. Being a Yorkshireman an' all that, the officials decided not to disqualify me, but the rumour was 'broke out at 144mph'. After that run I cooled off on the gas allowing JVV to pip me into 2nd fastest. So anyway, I reckon anyone that can hold onto 96 inches on the salt can hold onto 88 on tarmac - that means moi! Ha ha ha!! Did I tell you about the time I binned it on a 125 Honda LOL. Broke me bloody wrist too! 88 inches, you're 'avin a larf mate!

Pammy, that will happen one day. Florida is a must - especially with you and Wes in it. Thank you babe xx

Rocket

Blake
Posted on Wednesday, February 02, 2005 - 02:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

Pammy! Update please. Where are you girl?

Blake
Posted on Saturday, October 15, 2005 - 08:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

Ahem?

Rocketman
Posted on Saturday, October 15, 2005 - 08:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

I didn't go 88 in the end. Instead I had Stan Stephens Tuning in Kent repair and plate my old and original AAC stock bore cylinders.

Rocket

Blake
Posted on Sunday, October 16, 2005 - 12:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

Smart move I think for a street bike. The 88" overbore sure cuts it close.

Rocketman
Posted on Sunday, October 16, 2005 - 07:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

That's the overriding factor that people kept telling me so I stayed where I was.

Rocket

Pammy
Posted on Sunday, October 16, 2005 - 12:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only)

Definitely a wise choice. Plus just as much fun can be had with less expense.
« Previous Next »

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and custodians may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Post as "Anonymous" (Valid reason required. Abusers will be exposed. If unsure, ask.)
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration