G oog le BadWeB | Login/out | Topics | Search | Custodians | Register | Edit Profile

Buell Forum » Buell RACING & More » Racing - Drag Racing » X1W....Going Racing « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Morvant1200
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 10:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Latest project underway. Picked up this 2002 X1W a couple months ago. Swapped exhaust to D & D full system. Hammer performance air cleaner. Replaced bars and grips. Extended tube style swingarm. Powder coated wheels and arm. Added Shinko tires front & rear. Pingle strut. Chain conversion. Fixing to add shift light and teather kill switch. Will be running stock drivetrain - for now. Looking to go to the track with it in two weeks.

Hybridmomentspass
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 08:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Looking good!

Morvant1200
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2017 - 10:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Well, made it to the track this weekend. First time out on this X1W. Things went just as I expected. First run on the bike I went 12:38. I hit the rev limiter in first gear and ran a little conservative overall just trying to be observant of everything going on with the bike since I had never run it before (before or after the mod's). Ran fine. Everything was smooth. No issues. So, second run I let it rip and surprisingly went 11:58. After those two runs I made a total of six more passes and all were in the 11;74 to 11:99 range. I'm very happy with the way the bike performed. If the rider can improve on 60 foot times and hitting shift points properly I'd be even happier. Hahaha! Here are a few pictures of the bike as it sit now in it's completed state.

Nm5150
Posted on Sunday, November 05, 2017 - 07:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Custodian/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Custodian/Admin only)

Pretty cool.I have not run the quarter but in the eighth I managed 7.001 on my 1125r.
« Previous Next »

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Post as "Anonymous" (Valid reason required. Abusers will be exposed. If unsure, ask.)
Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Rules | Program Credits Administration