|Posted on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 10:12 am: ||
Fitting that it occurred in the dark, rain, and cold of a November morning commute. . .
Took a while longer to get here than originally planned, though through no fault of the Uly.
Ever. . .
|Posted on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 10:15 am: ||
|Posted on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 10:33 am: ||
I love it!
Good to know that digit works on the odometer.
|Posted on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 12:07 pm: ||
|Posted on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 04:16 pm: ||
|Posted on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 07:06 pm: ||
|Posted on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 07:56 pm: ||
|Posted on Thursday, November 09, 2017 - 10:27 pm: ||
Thanks for the comments, this bike is a true "grinder"... Just gets it done day after day - - sure, a few failures and mishaps along the way, but all in all, an exceptional bike.
So what do you do after rolling a 100,000 ? ? ?
Change the oil and filter ! ! !
|Posted on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 02:24 am: ||
That is awesome.
My ' 06 got quickly to the 60,000 mark,then has taken nearly as long to get to 64,000. The economic derailment along with health issues over the past several years have involuntarily preserved my Uly. Hell, a few more years and it'll be pristine!!! Lol
I still love riding it though.
Had plans to mount it into the wall of my office when it crossed the glorious 100,000 mile mark.
|Posted on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 08:03 am: ||
We enjoy hearing about things screwing up horribly and driving you temporarily insane. Any especially noteworthy moments of mechanical mayhem you'd care to share?
Read your profile, never mind!
(Message edited by SteveFord on November 10, 2017)
|Posted on Friday, November 10, 2017 - 12:53 pm: ||
Not sure why the above photo is FUBARed, but you get the idea.
Here's the count of issues, as mentioned, not without mechanical failure, but still best, motorcycle, ever. . .
- Uly: Front rotor warped at 12K, replaced under warranty (March 2010)
- Uly: Rear wheel bearing failed at 24K, replaced under warranty (December 2010)
- Uly: Drive belt broke at 26K - belt had 13K when failed (February 2011)
- Uly: Rear shock leaked, replaced under warranty (March 2011)
- Uly: ECM failed at 28K, replaced under warranty (July 2011)
- Uly: Stator malfunctioned at 44K, replaced stator and VR (June 2012)
- Uly: Drive belt broke at 53K (June 2013)
- Uly: Fan failed at 58K (September 2013)
- Uly: Starter stopped starting at 73K (January 2015)
- Uly: Belt Tensioner bearing failure at 73K (January 2015)
- Uly: Another fan 76K (June 2015)
- Uly: Another Belt at 81K (February 2016)
- Uly: Oil line fitting failed at 97K (August 2017)
The oil line fitting failure this last summer was a bit dicey = = 65 mph on I-5 in traffic when the oil light pops on, quick shift to neutral, glanced at my oil covered boot and skirted to the shoulder... Luckily no noted internal carnage.
I had just washed the bike the day before, lending credence to the notion that road grime might have been keeping everything together...